Printing Services at 5th Color Printing, NYC Catalogs/Newsletters/Brochures
Printed marketing material is making a comeback.
Start spreading the news!
Digital vs. Printed
The marketplace has been completely flooded by digital marketing via email and social media for more than 20 years. Still, the tables are turning, and printed marketing material like catalogs are making a comeback.
Amid overfilled inboxes and surplus social media feeds, you are probably not sure why your organization might need a catalog? Perhaps you are even wondering whether brochures are relevant anymore?
At 5th Color Printing, we see how printed material as a physical product stands apart from the digital. There is nothing better than holding and reading a good old fashioned book. The same goes for marketing material, which will be around long after emails are deleted, NOT ‘out of sight, out of mind,’ this is a major plus for businesses and their consumers.
Since 2015, catalog shopping has been on the up and up and even in today’s world is still relevant, if used strategically. Recent research shows that almost 10 billion catalogs were mailed, which resulted in more than 100 million catalog purchases.
Printed marketing material can have a captive and lucrative audience. Even though a digital format can produce cheap, quick results, the tipping point of effectiveness and trust of digital is being tested.
‘Good marketing makes the company look smart,
Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.’
Classy, Professional Marketing Material
At 5th Color Printing, we know that we live in the physical world, not just a digital one. Catalogs have evolved, and printed material, if done well, can still be a handy marketing tool. Depending on your specific needs, having a simple, eye-catching printed catalog featuring professional and artistically rendered product photography, along with high-quality printing, will undoubtedly make a statement and captivate an audience. Many leading brands, as well as authentic small businesses, utilize some form of printed material for communication and a means to reach larger audiences to convey company brand and values.
Tips for Effective Print Marketing:
- Focus on vivid design and imagery to evoke emotion. To that, blend in content that embodies your brand values and makes the consumer believe in what they are reading. Consumer behavior is highly influenced by what they see, and it will increase the purchasing process.
- Research your target market; you want to distribute your printed material to a responsive audience.
- Measure the effectiveness of your printed marketing campaign so that you can improve on the next print.
‘We make the customer the hero of our story.’
Getting Down to Business: Paper, Folds, Sizes and Further Customization
How many types of PAPER can I choose?
Your choice of paper will depend quite a lot on the type of printed material you are creating. In general, if the project is high-end, thicker paper is used. Bear in mind; the thicker paper will increase your overall costs. Appropriately matching the paper to the project will mean avoiding overspending on unnecessary paper choice.
At 5th Colour Printing, we will advise you accordingly and can show you various samples.
We offer three paper types:
- 100# Gloss Text – full-bodied, great for folding, laminated with a gloss coating for added durability.
- 100# Silk/Matte Text – same thickness as the 100# gloss text but with a silky matte finish for a softer, understated look and feel.
- 70# Uncoated Text – this type of paper makes for easy folding.
How many types of FOLDS can I choose?
We offer four folding types:
- Half Fold/Two-Panel – folded in half for a wide panel size.
- Trifold – divided into three vertical panels, with the right panel folding underneath the left.
- Z Fold – divided into three vertical panels into a distinctive Z shape, with each panel folding on top of the other.
- Gate Fold – has a three-panel design, with each outer panel measuring half the width of the central panel, which folds inward to form the gate.
What are the standard SIZES?
For printed catalogs, we can offer several sizes, such as:
5” x 7” / 5.5″ x 8.5″ / 8.5″ x 11″
For newsletters, we offer 6 standard sizes:
5.5″ x 8.5″ / 8.5″ x 11″ / 8.5″ x 14″ / 9″ x 12″ / 11″ x 17″ / 11″ x 25.5″
Custom sizes are always welcome. Give us your dimensions, and we will make it happen!
What additional CUSTOMIZATION options do I have?
Inks & Colors:
No matter what you decide, according to your budget, monochrome or bi-color can be as stylish and tasteful as your standard four-color printing,
Even your choice of typescript has an impact on the result, as well as your budget. Bear in mind that simple adjustments, changing the font, will make a difference. With a vast array of fonts now available, you are spoiled for choice, and we will help you decide what is best.
Foil stamping, Embossing & Debossing, Lamination:
We will be happy to discuss these further finishing touches with you.
Proofing Your Material Before Printing
It goes without saying. The last thing you want to do is waste money on unnecessary brochure reprinting because of an overlooked printing error.
At 5th Colour Printing, we are happy to be your second set of eyes and provide free proofing, as long as you proceed with the job.
Print More and Spend Less
Let’s face it; everyone wants to walk out with a deal! The more you print, the cheaper the unit price becomes. We recommend you have a fair idea of how many copies you need before you start, which will make the job more economical for you. Otherwise, ask us for an estimate based on various runs, so that you can make an informed decision to avoid repeat runs.
At 5th Color Printing, we can help you create a masterpiece, even on a budget, without sacrificing quality. That’s money well spent.
‘We are all about delivering maximum value.’